Ano Koufonisi, generally referred equally as Koufonisi, is the piece de resistance in the Little Cyclades in Greece. There is likewise an additional Koufonisi, Kato Koufonisi close by. The entire Tiny Cyclades are commonly referred as Koufonisia.
If you’re thinking of seeing Koufonisi, right here’s what to anticipate.
Emphasizes, views as well as points to do on Koufonisi
- Sea caves: on Pano Koufonissi’s North Cape.
- Saint Nicholas’ little church: over Karnagio for 9 islands!
- Mylos (Mill): A typical windmill that has actually been refurbished right into a stunning bar.
- Beaches: There are a number of coastlines on Koufonisi. The very best remain in the south-east. The wind primarily is available in from the north as well as likewise the sea has a tendency to be rather rougher to the north. – Charakopou – Fanos – Parianos – Pisina – Platia Punta – Pori (often a nudist event)
Events on Koufonisi
- Saint Goerge’s church: the guard of the island. On Saint George’s day (usually commemorated on 23rd April, however if it accompanies Lent after that it is commemorated on Easter Monday), there is a litany/procession of his symbol on the seaside road, while the roads are covered with increased flowers. They place on fireworks as well as all the little watercrafts of the island are cruising together with. Tripe soup with vinegar as well as a stew or pasta is used to everybody and afterwards the banquet begins.
- Panagia’s (Virgin Mary’s) church on Kato Koufonissi: located on Deti’s pier as well as improved old damages. On August 15th a huge celebration occurs there. At the end of the Mass, food is used to everybody and afterwards individuals are moved by watercrafts which are completing in the race to reach Pano Koufonissi initially, where the banquet is held.
- Anglers indulge: on June 24th the captains of the caiques prepare for everyone on the pier the standard cacavia (boulliabaisse-a soup made with various kinds of fish). A banquet adheres to with standard songs as well as dancing.
Navigating as well as to Koufonisi, Greece
It is unworthy the inconvenience to bring your very own auto to the Koufonisi island, although it remains in concept feasible.
A vast roadway takes you from the port to Finikas’ coastline as well as the outdoor camping website. From the town there is an asphalt roadway that takes you to Pori, as well as an additional one that takes you to the petroleum terminal as well as the helicopter flight terminal. Various other roadways end up being little bit greater than dust courses. The gasoline station has actually opened up in 2005.
Leasing a motorcycle
Motorbikes as well as mopeds are preferred choices to vehicles. Specifically mopeds are often made use of by regional young people as well as can most likely to numerous areas that vehicles cannot go. An instance are the twisted slim roads of Koufonisi city.
If you begin a day-trip with a moped, make certain you have a complete container, as gasoline station are often tough to locate. An added quit at a filling station can conserve a great deal of nerves.
When leasing a moped, check if the account of the tires is alright as well as if the brakes function appropriately. If it is the last automobile in shop, be dubious – maybe the one that requires a repair service severely. Though safety helmets are not needed on the roads, it may be a great suggestion to ask your rent-a-bike for one.
Kostas Prasinos’ little watercraft runs a routine everyday solution from the port to the coastlines of: Finikas, Italida as well as Pori.
Various other little watercrafts attach Pano (Upper) as well as Kato (Lower) Koufonissi. Koufonisi comes by means of ferryboat from Naxos, as well as Athens.
All ferryboat as well as broadband ferryboat firms: routines, links, accessibility as well as rates, in between Koufonisia, various other Greek islands & Piraeus port (Athens) are right here: www.ferries.gr/booking
Often cruise liner dock at the Port.
Holiday Accommodation in Koufonisi
Look for areas to remain in Koufonisi listed below: